Thursday, September 12, 2013

No News is Good News!

Is no news good news?  Knowing I haven't posted since April, things must be okay in my own mind.  And from the outside looking in, I would agree with that after an external examination of my own mind! But these mind games aren't fun and anxiety overcomes me off and on.  I think that I worry unnecessarily.  At Benjamin's last appointment in June, his skull still had three bone lesions but two were improved from April's scans and one had grown in size.  We have chosen not to have his port removed just yet.  But this news from our last visit was still not enough cause for concern for Dr. F.  We have moved forward on the same plan- the daily anti-inflammatory and follow-up in three months.  That three months is up next week when we will return to the hospital for another skeletal survey and oncology clinic appointment.  This is a record for Benjamin!  We haven't ever made it long enough with good health to wait three months.  Blessings are abundant and how wonderful it has been to enjoy Benjamin's wellness this past YEAR!  I can't believe it has been a year since his last chemo treatment. Perhaps it is finally time to remove his port.

Next Wednesday is the big day and we will know what is happening in that little, active body of his!  We continually pray for his health.  Maile, our six-year-old, never lets Benjamin's health elude her prayers!  She is very thoughtful and has the simple faith of a child.  How thankful I am for that too!

Benjamin's bumpy head doesn't let me relax, but when I pray and follow the example of faith from our little girl, my heart and mind are overcome with calmness which is difficult to express.  I am unsure how it works, but I know it does, as I have expressed before!  I am thankful for that knowledge and know God knows more than me!  So I remind myself, that no news (from the inside of Benjamin's body) is good news for now, and I never need to worry with my Father in Heaven on our side.

I will post "the news" from next week's appointment as soon as I can!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment